[thelist] linked css file in IE4

Peter-Paul Koch gassinaumasis at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 5 15:30:01 CST 2003

>without giving specific examples, is there a reason why a class would not
>be followed when it is read from an external .css file but works fine if
>put in the head of file in <style></style> tags?
>
>there is the obvious stuff about incorrect file names and paths and so on
>but it is working fine in IE except this problem only occurs in IE4
>
>any suggestions?

Are there lots of comments in your style sheet, using lots of asterisks?
Like

Long, long ago I had a similar problem, deleted one asterisk from the
comment line and the style worked in IE4.

ppk, freelance web developer
Interaction, copywriting, JavaScript, integration
http://www.xs4all.nl/~ppk/
Column "Keep it Simple": http://www.digital-web.com/columns/keepitsimple/
W3C DOM Compatibility Table, expanded & updated
http://www.xs4all.nl/~ppk/js/index.html?version5.html