[thelist] Macromedia.com redesigned

Scott Brady evolt at scottbrady.net
Thu Mar 6 09:36:01 CST 2003

From: Erik Mattheis <gozz at gozz.com>

>Flash is the de facto standard for sharing information that includes
>animation or sound. MM's a member of the W3C.
>
>You can build an entire Flash application on well formed XML. I've done
>several. Works nicely.

Then perhaps Macromedia should have consulted with you (or any of the many other qualified people in Evolt) on this site.  Considering MM is a member of the W3C, you'd think they'd have run the site through the W3C's validator:

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.macromedia.com

While it's allegedly possible to develop a Flash site that is fully-compliant with XHTML (well, you're saying you can do it with XML, so I'm assuming it would apply to XHTML as well), the creators of the most common Flash development environment (and creators of the SWF standard) didn't bother.

Scott
Scott Brady
http://www.scottbrady.net/