[thelist] form validation in javascript

Robert Vreeland vreeland at studioframework.com
Fri Mar 7 12:44:01 CST 2003

Hello theList,
I am currently working on a generic javascript form validation object. Due to the generic nature of the object I have two questions. First, when using Css to either set a div section / or element to visibility="visible" or display="none" within a form, do the 'hidden' elements get submitted? Second, when providing a INPUT TYPE='file' field is there any way to check if the client actually included a file for upload, and or to examine the file extension?
Robert
vreeland at studioframework.com