[thelist] World of Ends

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Sat Mar 8 06:22:01 CST 2003

World of Ends
http://www.worldofends.com/
What the Internet Is and How to Stop Mistaking It for Something Else.
by Doc Searls and David Weinberger

this is mostly political, and a fine read

"To connect to the Internet is to agree to grow value on its edges. And then
something really interesting happens. We are all connected equally. Distance
doesn't matter. The obstacles fall away and for the first time the human
need to connect can be realized without artificial barriers."

"Perhaps companies that think they can force us to listen to their
messages - their banners, their interruptive graphic crawls over the pages
we're trying to read - will realize that our ability to flit from site to
site is built into the Web's architecture."

rudy