[thelist] Formatting cells in Excel from HTML/PHP

Andrew Finger andyjje at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 9 11:06:01 CST 2003

Does anybody have a clue to my question a few months ago?

Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 11:29:39 -0500

Is there a way to format cells in an Excel spreadsheet created through a web
page driven with PHP code?  I've generated the spreadsheet, but I'd like to
format cells for currency and align other cells with the decimal point to
make the spreadsheet pleasing to the eye.  So, for instance, does anyone
know if there is a cell-by-cell command I can type to format each cell?
This way I could automate the formatting in the web page and not do it
manually.

Andy