[thelist] FYI: netscape 6 table bug redux

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Sun Mar 9 17:25:01 CST 2003

Although I can't imagine I'm the first to butt his head against it, I
couldn't find anyone mentioning this variation anywhere:

In Netscape 6.2 Win 2K and OS X (but not 6.01 or 7.02, the others I've
checked it in) the following happens:

If you have multiple rows in a nested table, table cells near the end
will not display their styles as defined in their class attribute _if_
the table cell containing the nested table has a rowspan.

The fix, again, is changing or removing the doctype, as described in
James A's famous evolt article.

Demonstration at:

gozz.com/temporary/netscape6/bug.html

Erik Mattheis