[thelist] pretty databases vs. fast databases

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Sun Mar 9 18:51:01 CST 2003

On Sunday, March 9, 2003, at 06:35  PM, Paul Bennett wrote:
> I have been considering how
> to avoid db calls for websites in which the content would not likely
> change frequently, but additional "pages" would be added frequently. I
> have looked at query caching but shied away in fear. (I fear change, I
> fear change!) Writing static files and keeping page info in the db is a
> great way to do this.

And there are endless variations ... like one could literally write a
file that was the article and all the author info and then still have
comments come from a DB call ... so, like, pseudo code:

include file article00001.php

query database for comments on article 00001

output comments on article

Erik Mattheis
GoZz Digital
<http://goZz.com/>