[thelist] Site check; though late...

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Mon Mar 10 09:08:00 CST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "rudy" <r937 at interlog.com>
Sent: Monday, March 10, 2003 7:41 AM

> > Do you think that my site must have some modifications in design?
> > http://syedzeeshanhaider.faithweb.com/

> 1. banner ad
> 2. x10 popup ad
> 3. gratuitous graphic that occupies all the "above the fold" space
> 4. horizontal scrollbar
> 5. scrolling ticker

A couple things I would add:

a.  Some items are centered while the main content is left aligned.  This
should be consistent.
b.  There is too much negative space in the left-hand nav.
c.  There is too much negative space just below the top purple nav.
d.  There should more negative space to the right of the nav and around the
icons in the main content area.
e.  The gratuitous use of HR could be lessened.
f.  The top navigation is the only 3d element on the page.  It should be
tied into the theme of the page in some manner.
g.  You use "click here" for links in the content.  You should consider
changing these to something more meaningful.
h.  The internal pages are not styled consistently with the homepage.

Some good things:

a. I like the icons in the main content area.  They could probably be a
little bit smaller, but otherwise I like them.
b. I like that most of the links on the site ARE text and not image.  The
page does have a quick load time.
c. You used the title attribute on the anchors in the navigation.

-joshua