[thelist] Magical Program (Site Map)

Michele Foster michele at wusc.ca
Mon Mar 10 15:51:01 CST 2003

lol .. yeah.  We can't determine where we're going if we don't know where we are or where we have been.  Things are being so drastically restructured, we need to get a big picture of the entire site as it exists now.  We'll need to do a lot of redirecting .. at least to major sections for all subs in that section.

> holy government boondoggle, batman
>
> well, at least my taxes are going to a nice lady
>
> sheesh

lol .. thanks for the nice lady comment.  ;)

It's actually not govt.  tho, I wouldn't be surprised if it were govt. funding paying my bill.  :)

> try Astra SiteManager
> http://tryandbuy.mercuryinteractive.com/cgi-bin/portal/trynbuy
/asm.jsp?prod=
8023

  "Astra SiteManager scans your entire Web site--highlighting
   functional areas with color-coded links and URLs--to provide
   a complete visual map of your site. Using this map, you can
   pinpoint broken links or access problems, identify key usage
   patterns for improving Web site effectiveness and validate
   dynamically generated pages. With Astra SiteManager, your
   Web site is under control."

A very interesting product.  I'll re-run it tomorrow and see if it'll be useful or not.  Unfortunately, there are way too many image maps being used, and that's what's causing problems with some of the other suggestions made onlist and offlist.  I'm working on a very comprehensive site map in Excel atm .. but I'll see if I can get SiteManager to do some of the work for me tomorrow.

Thanks Rudy,

Mich