[thelist] Moving a <div> with javascript

Hershel Robinson hershelr at netvision.net.il
Tue Mar 11 09:03:03 CST 2003

> try this:
>
> function right()
> {
> i = parseInt(document.getElementById("watch01").style.left);i++;
> document.getElementById("watch01").style.left = (i +
> "px");timer=setTimeout("right()",10);
> }and the same idea for function left()

I just happened to be doing a scroll function today and I used this code
(more or less).  It works but I can't get the CSS clip code to work if I
have an XHTML DOCTYPE.  Here are two pages with the exact same code.  The
plain one works but the scrollX one does not work.  The only difference is
the DOCTYPE header.

http://hclic.gwsystems.co.il/scroll.htm
http://hclic.gwsystems.co.il/scrollX.htm

I am actually only testing this in Win/IE6 because that's all I need it to
work in.

Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,
Hershel