[thelist] zip codes (was something else)

Scott Harman scott at enteractiontv.com
Tue Mar 11 11:03:05 CST 2003

LOL - OT also
Our friends at NS have made zip code mandatory also in their install -
even tho I've selected UK as a country.  They have no problem taking a 7
character string... So tell them to foxtrot oscar.

One of the issues with any kind of design is that these kind of selects
should act as filters - but more often than not, they're irrelvant time
wasters.

With our recently completed site - we've had to filter dynamically by
"destination" "location" "resort" - but initially by target audience.
Php dynamic select from the db... Ensuring that the end user will only
ever be presented with appropriate choices.
It's really not that hard, and it makes a great deal of difference to
user experience.

Just my 2p.

Promise I'll post a tip when I learn anything useful! :)