[thelist] Admin Q: Attachments on List?

Chris George codemonkey00 at mac.com
Tue Mar 11 16:43:29 CST 2003

On Tuesday, March 11, 2003, at 03:08  PM, Bob Haroche wrote:

> Okay, I do know that attachments aren't allowed on this list, but
> today I've seen at least a half dozen posts which in OE 6 come through
> with the paper clip icon indicating an attachment. The posts
> themselves though don't have any such attachment.
>
> I've seen this on 2 different computers both running OE 6. Anyone else
> seeing this? Is it my software or perhaps something related to Evolt's
> new server set up?

FWIW, I'm running Mail.app on OS X and have been seeing the same thing.
The 'attachment' in question is in fact the once-ubiquitous
wimail.dat...

It's odd that it's not getting stripped/held before making it to the
list...

BTW, this is a brief explanation as well as how to deal with them in OS
X:
http://www.joshjacob.com/macdev/tnef/