[thelist] (solution, kinda) styling iframe

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Tue Mar 11 18:23:08 CST 2003

The horizontal scrollbar on the iframe was only showing up when IE6 was
in "standards-compliant" mode ... a solution to getting rid of the
horizontal scrollbar was to say <html style="overflow-x: hidden"> ...
as overflow-x is an IE proprietary style, I'm happier with:

<!--
if (document.getElementsByTagName) {
	ht = document.getElementsByTagName('html');
	if (typeof ht[0].style.overflowX == 'string') {
		ht[0].style.overflowX = 'hidden';
	}
}
//-->
</script>

... uh, but still want to figure out why it was showing up .... all
applicable code for anyone who wishes to point out the error in my
ways, or rather hopefully how to work around the errors in IE's ways
without using overflow-x:

Styles for both docs:

#news { padding: 0px;
	border-left: 1px;
	border-top: 1px solid #730;
	border-right: 0px;
	border-bottom: 1px solid #fae6d7;}

iframe { width: 100%;
	height: 12em;
	border: 0px;
	padding: 0px;}

td { vertical-align: top;
	padding: 3px;}

frameborder="0"></iframe></td>

and in iframe:

0px;">

... and again, the table "width" was rnding on the right side of the
vertical scrollbar, causing an unwanted horizontal one.

Erik Mattheis
GoZz Digital
<http://goZz.com/>
Flash and ColdFusion Development