[thelist] IFRAMES -- what?!

Kae Verens kverens at contactjuggling.org
Wed Mar 12 08:23:22 CST 2003

Erik Mattheis wrote:
> If you want to let your iframe out in the wild where any old browser can
> see it, you can get the content to show up in NN 4- (and anything else
> you might care about) by doing this:
>
> <iframe src="iframe.html"> content for NN 4 and other browsers that
> don't support iframe.</iframe>

That's not a perfect solution, and can still cause immense headaches. It
requires, for example, that you have two copies of every page on the
site, and that the navigation be very very careful.
   Consider my employers' site, for example - webworks.ie - part of the
spec was that it "had to" use IFrames. I hated that. Had to come up with
extremely messy solutions to work around it for most browsers, and it
will never be perfect. Thanksfully, we should be moving on to something
better soon...

--
        pay  |      http://www.webworks.ie      |  bee