[thelist] IFRAMES -- what?!

Koutoulas, Pete PKOUTOUL at Fayette.k12.ky.us
Wed Mar 12 09:14:52 CST 2003

On Wednesday, March 12, 2003 9:54 AM, Erik Mattheis wrote:

> Content between <iframe> and </iframe> is ignored by browsers that
> support iframe and displayed by browsers that don't.
>
> For my particular purpose at the moment, I'm working with just links
> and brief summaries of news items, so duplicating all the content for
> NN4- won't be a headache or add significantly to page load time, as
> the content html of my iframe is going to be about 3K and it's the
> exact same thing as between <body> and </body> of the iframe src ...
> so duplicating the content will be no extra work (it's generated from
> a database call) ... I also have the option of saying something like:
>
> <iframe src="news.cfm" frameborder="0"><a href="news.cfm"
> target="_blank">Read News &gt;&gt;</a></iframe>

Erik, I'm getting in on this late (our mail server lost a lot of my TheList
messages overnight) so this may have already been addressed. But I am
curious, if you have access locally to the content that is in the iframe,
why bother with one in the first place?

    [ pete ]

This student or staff email originated from Fayette County Public Schools in
Lexington, KY.
Please report instances of abuse or inappropriate content to
postmaster at fcps.net