[thelist] ASP: Modify FormatDateTime()

darren darren at web-bitch.co.uk
Thu Mar 13 04:50:04 CST 2003

On Thursday, March 13, 2003 at 10:14, darren wrote:

d> On Thursday, March 13, 2003 at 08:24, Christian Anderson wrote:

CA>> with "dt" being a date value pulled from my database.  Is there a way to
CA>> make it show "Thu" instead of "Thursday" and "Mar" instead of "March"?  I'm
CA>> working with a tight space, and would like to cut down on the unnecessary
CA>> characters.

sorry, i trashed your reply before i had chance to reply to it!

anyway, FormatDateTime i don't think is going to give you what you
want, so you're going to have to format the date yourself.  something
like:

  strShortDate = WeekDayName(weekday(strFullDate), true) & " " & _
                 MonthName(month(strFullDate), true) & " " & _
                 Year(strFullDate)

should give you what you want, or something close to.

hth,

darren.