[thelist] Macromedia & "Rich Internet Applications"

John Dowdell jdowdell at macromedia.com
Fri Mar 14 14:04:12 CST 2003

At 5:45 AM 3/14/3, Tom Dell'Aringa wrote:
> Where is the REAL benefit to me the developer?

Depends on what you're doing. Predictability, integration and statelessness
are the three I hear most often. Your situation could certainly vary
though.

> If this were such a great technology, wouldn't it be in use
> all over the web? Or at least in some new significant places?

There are still more GIFs than SWFs, true, but.... ;-)

For RIAs, the phrase first appeared 10-11 months ago, and projects started
since then are starting to appear now. We haven't yet segmented them out in
the Showcase as we have in the Development Center, but that will come.
http://www.macromedia.com/showcase/
http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/ria/

[Apologies if I missed another question in that 9K email.]

jd

John Dowdell, Macromedia Developer Support, San Francisco
(Best to reply on-list, to avoid my mighty spam filters!)
Technotes: http://www.macromedia.com/support/search/
Column: http://www.macromedia.com/desdev/jd_forum/
Technical daily diary: http://www.macromedia.com/go/blog_jd