[thelist] glasshaus gone...

Hugh Blair hblair at hotfootmail.com
Fri Mar 14 23:30:00 CST 2003

Current authors got these:

Dear all

Please note that Peer Information, our parent company, has just been
declared officially insolvent (bankrupt).  This means that all current book
projects end immediately and there will be no more friends of ED books.
All
of us that worked here are now unemployed.  Please accept my apologies for
the sudden announcement, but it came as a bolt out of the blue to all of us
here - we knew the company had been in trouble but had been led to believe
it would be able to pull through, this turned out not to be the case.

Many thanks, you've all been a joy to work with....

> All the best,
>
> Chris Matterface
> ex-Author Agent, friends of ED

Dear author,

The Board of Peer Information has passed a resolution to place the company
into liquidation. The company is unable to meet its financial commitments,
and we have been unable to secure additional funding. The Directors are
left
with no choice but to place the company into insolvency process.

Please stop work immediately on all contracted work from Peer Information.
Retain safe copies of all your work. The contract that you have with the
company remains valid. There will be a 3-4 week hiatus period until we are
able to discuss the future course of your project.

Louay Fatoohi is your point of contact for enquiries about editorial
contracts.

If you believe you are owed money for either submitted work against a
contract or for accrued royalties on existing titles, then you are a
creditor of the company. As such you will be contacted shortly by the
liquidator with information on pursuing your claims.

Please note that it is in your interest that you do not break the terms of
your contract. You will be worse off if that happens. Please wait until you
are contacted again.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Louay Fatoohi
louayf at wrox.com

Dear author,

Further to my communication regarding placing Peer Information into
liquidation, I would like to clarify that Peer Information includes the
following legal entities:

- Wrox Press Ltd
- Friends of Ed Ltd

Wrox Press Ltd also trades as: Glasshaus, Curlingstone, Active Path and
Tect.

Thank you.

Louay Fatoohi
louayf at wrox.com