[thelist] Delete all FP Code

Rob Smith rob.smith at THERMON.com
Wed Mar 19 08:43:38 CST 2003

> Does anyone know of any programs that'll help me strip all FP-specific
> *crap* from the source?  I know I have a huge task ahead of me,
> redoing the entire site .. no CMS .. there will be no CMS .. that's
> the way it is. Wow. What a task. My two cents is this: Since they are all
unique, heaven forbid, I'd start off by creating a set of templates.

While using HS, MMDW, BBedit, whatever, this will replace a good deal of
code. But the inevitable is you'll have to grab the content off each page
one way or the other and place it in your design.

If there will be no CMS, why not opt for a DB solution (i.e. FoxPro, MDB,
SQL Server, etc.) Create a set of content tables, navigation tables,
graphics tables and throw it all together in a dynamic site. It would save
on disk space.

I've not read all the previous suggestions yet, but I'll bet there are some
that are better than mine.

Rob