[thelist] Net appliances

Alan McCoy a.r.mccoy at larc.nasa.gov
Tue Mar 18 16:33:58 CST 2003

Greetings!

I'm planning to run cable through my house this spring and am trying to
decide on what kind of device to put in the kitchen to check email,
schedules, surf the web, etc.

I've looked at the old Audrey device that 3Com used to make. Compaq used
to make a device called the i-Opener. So far, I'm leaning more toward
the Audrey. Something that I can hack around on and modify would be
best. Does anyone know of any decent (and recent) simple lightweight
internet appliances out there that would fit the bill?

My kitchen isn't that big, so I'd like to avoid having to make room for
a standard monitor & CPU if possible.

Alan