[thelist] XML/XSL query

David.Cantrell at Gunter.AF.mil David.Cantrell at Gunter.AF.mil
Fri Mar 21 13:59:04 CST 2003

> Here's an interesting aside - with seperation like this, CSS becomes
> slightly superfluous - why have CSS when transformations are
> done with
> XSL - you could go back to using <font> tags and *still* have total
> seperation of presentation and content :D

Actually, if we code properly, XSLT is only part of the equation, and CSS is
still needed. For example:

	ASP	(or any other server-side code)
	XML	(static or dynamic)
	XSLT	(XML piped in for transformation)
	HTML	(*structure*, created by the XSLT)
	CSS	(*style*, i.e. the visual appearance)

-dave