[thelist] Iconography - Common Elements

j.d. welch so.there at showtunepink.com
Fri Mar 21 20:53:07 CST 2003

On Friday, Mar 21, 2003, at 21:15 America/New_York, Michele Foster
wrote:

> French (and alternatively English on the French site)
>

> This is a Canadian site so anything that relates specifically to
> France/Britain would be completely unacceptable :)
>
> One suggestion was a book (or a couple of books) .. but I don't think
> that
> really does it.

yeah, without the easy 'use each locale's flag' finding a
universally-understandable icon for toggling language is pretty tough.
it seems that most sites just have a link for each $language and leave
it at that.  i think doing the text 'Fr' and 'En' artfully (i.e. get it
to match the feel of the other icons), perhaps with silkscreen or
similar pixel font, would do the job.  the more straightforward
(boring) approaches seem best for this case.

-jd

    J.D. Welch			|  so.there at showtunepink.com
    graphic designer    	|  http://www.showtunepink.com
    web developer       	|  http://kitschparade.ath.cx