[thelist] why fixed-width fonts are bad (for a client)

Dougal Campbell dougal at gunters.org
Mon Mar 24 15:38:18 CST 2003

On Mon, 24 Mar 2003, Sarah wrote:

> > > (in layperson's terms) why using fixed font sizes is bad.
> >
> >because in some browsers, the user cannot resize them
>
> Thanks for the links, Rudy. I guess I wasn't clear enough in my post. What
> I need are articles I can point a client to and say "this is why we can't
> (shouldn't) do what you are asking us to do".

Here's another link for consideration:

  http://diveintoaccessibility.org/day_26_using_relative_font_sizes.html

People with vision problems need the ability to resize text in their
browser, otherwise, you risk making your site totally unusable for them.

--
Ernest MacDougal Campbell III, MCP+I, MCSE <dougal at gunters.org>
http://dougal.gunters.org/             http://spam.gunters.org/