[thelist] Website Critique

James jveillo at bellsouth.net
Thu Mar 27 18:24:41 CST 2003

> Very nice; I really like the color scheme.

Thanks! A couple of people have suggested that the colors were a bit too
dark so I'll try to lighten it up some.

> I agree with Hershel re the dual nav, and find the bright green
> link mouseovers a bit distracting.  IMO, mouseovers should be
> relatively subtle.

I plan to add more sections of the club -tennis, pool ...- so that each
section will have unique navigation; I'll figure something out.

> Out of curiosity, what resources did you find most helpful in
> coming up to speed with CSS?

I've been studying CSS since right before CSS2 came out but because of
browser differences and my addiction to tables I had never done a site
completely in CSS.

I've read a few of the tutorials at
http://hotwired.lycos.com/webmonkey/authoring/stylesheets/ and
http://www.wdvl.com/Authoring/Style/Sheets/ and I've read "Web Designer's
Guide to Style Sheets" by Steven Mulder (o.k., I'm slow to adopt).

James
jveillo at bellsouth.net