[thelist] web site check!

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Thu Mar 27 20:14:48 CST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "hans fraser" <hfraser at videotron.ca>
Sent: Thursday, March 27, 2003 6:29 PM

> http://www.michelcartier.com

Initial reaction:  no backgrond color is set.

<tip type="HTML" author="Joshua Olson">
To catch quickly whether or not sites have a background color set, change
your browser to use some off-the-wall default background color.
</tip>

Otherwise:

1.  There's a JS error on the homepage.
2.  I like the general layout of the internal pages.  Definitely no
nonsense.
3.  The rollover code is the cruddy MM code... swap it out for something
more streamlined.
4.  With an open design like this, I don't see the need to fix the font
size.  This site seems that it would be ok to allow my preferences to set
the font size.
6.  I like the use of imagery on the internal pages.
7.  There's a JS error on the links page.
8.  The little icons/links all over the links page need title/alt text.  It
also looks like the URL is "javascript:;" on my browser.  Is this necessary?

That's all for now.

Joshua Olson
Web Application Engineer
WAE Tech Inc.