[thelist] CVS help needed

CDitty mail at redhotsweeps.com
Thu Mar 27 22:48:59 CST 2003

Is anyone here familiar with setting up CVS on RH Linux?  It is installed,
I have the environment variables setup like this.

export CVSROOT=":pserver:cditty at localhost:/usr/local/cvsroot"
CVSUMASK=003
CVSEDITOR='emacs -nw'

export CVSUMASK
export CVSEDITOR

This is how I am trying to connect to it
cvs -d :pserver:cditty at localhost:/usr/local/cvsroot login

When I type in the password, I get this error.
cvs [login aborted]: connect to localhost(127.0.0.1):2401 failed:
Connection refused

After a long a frustrating google search, I found that I should create a
cvspserver file in the /etc/xinetd.d folder with this in it.
service cvspserver
{
    port        = 2401
    socket_type = stream
    protocol    = tcp
    wait        = no
    passenv     = PATH
    server      = /usr/bin/cvs
    server_args = -f --allow-root=/usr/local/cvsroot pserver
}

I have stopped and started the xinitd server.

Anyone have any ideas?  All I ever get is the connection refused.

Chris