[thelist] Styling the Active Link State

MaKo shark at mako4css.com
Fri Mar 28 09:25:46 CST 2003

> > Using CSS, how do you eliminate the dashed box around a link that
> > is being clicked on? Especially in Win IE 5 something, the box
> stays
> > visible even after using the back button to return to the previous
> > page.

The dotted box is a Microsoft-typical accessibility feature: for people
who use the keyboard to navigate through a site.

If you really, really want to, you can get rid of it with
>>onfocus="this.blur();"<<, but I would not recommend that.

The 'prolonged' active state is a IE browser bug - click somewhere else on
that page and it returns to the normal 'visited' state.

--HTH

MaKo
~~just when you thought it was safe to go back into the water~~
http://www.mako4css.com/

"Tom Dell'Aringa" <pixelmech at yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:20030328150247.51732.qmail at web12603.mail.yahoo.com...