[thelist] doctype mess up

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 28 16:39:26 CST 2003

--- Mike Migurski <mike at saturn5.com> wrote:

> That doesn't make any sense - you can use XHTML in an HTML document
> with no problems, since the only difference is the explicit closure

> of atomic elements, and lowercase-only element names, but why would

> you want to? And what's the xml declaration doing there?

Heh..exactly. Why is it there?...

> It sounds like he wants to look hip to webstandards, without
> actually doing the legwork.

That's my real concern. He kind of talks big about things but a lot
of what he says doesn't make sense. I just want some hard facts to
bring back to the team so it doesn't look like ya
know..insubordination!

> I don't think it will cause any problems, necessarily... browsers
> will just go into quirks mode, so it's wasted effort for sure. In
> any case, I think the burden of defending the method lies with Mr.
> Project-Lead.

Yeah the pages seem fine in the browsers..its just irritating. I'm
only going to be here for 3 weeks but I want my work done right.

Tom

=====
http://www.pixelmech.com/
var me = tom.pixelmech.webDeveloper();

http://www.maccaws.com/

"That's not art, that's just annoying." -- Squidward