[thelist] Correct HTML scope for column groups

Mike Combs mike at combsnet.com
Mon Mar 31 16:44:54 CST 2003

I'm unclear on the best (most accessible) HTML for a table that has groups
of columns.  In my case, I have one column group called "packets in" and
another called "packets out".  For each group, there are two columns,
"average" and "maximum".

I want to use <td scope="col"> or something similar on the headings to
associate the column headings with the data in the columns.  I'm trying to
follow the advice in this (great) article:

http://www.evolt.org/article/Building_accessible_tables/4090/42090/index.html

I've built an example page so you can see the table:
http://www.kangooz.com/design/tableskins.html

Thanks in advance,

...mike