[thelist] NS 7.0 css rendering

Michael Pack michaelpack at wvdhhr.org
Wed Apr 2 08:58:26 CST 2003

NS 7.0 completely ignores this style when I declare Doctype:

TD.NORMAL
{
    COLOR: navy;
    FONT-WEIGHT: strong;
    FONT-SIZE: 10px;
    FONT-FAMILY: tahoma, verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
    background-color: #fafadd;
    border-collapse: collapse;
    border-top: 1px ridge navy;
    border-bottom: 1px ridge navy;

}

but it follows this one?

TD.headersb
{
    COLOR: white;
    TEXT-ALIGN: center;
    FONT-WEIGHT: bold;
    FONT-SIZE: 12px;
    FONT-FAMILY: tahoma, verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
    background-image: url('images/gradient_header_bg.jpg');
    border-bottom: 1px ridge navy;
    border-top: 3px ridge navy;
    border-left: 1px ridge navy;
    border-right: 1px ridge navy

}

It does not follow any properties in the td.normal, unless I remove my declaration...... <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd" />.... When I remove it, it renders perfectly. Any help is greatly appreciated? TIA