[thelist] JavaScript: detecting and undoing radio button change

Joel Canfield joel at spinhead.com
Wed Apr 2 13:20:02 CST 2003

For one brief shining moment, I thought I knew something about JavaScript.
I'm over it now.

I have a group of radio buttons which, when *changed*, will blank out a
group of text fields. However, I want to give the user the opportunity to
change their mind. Using a 'confirm' I can abort the blanking of the text
fields, but the radio button still changes, which I don't want.

If I use 'onblur' I can grab the value of the button before it changes, and
change it back (I think) but then it fires on *all* onblurs, including when
the user just ALT+TABs to another window.

Any suggestions?

tenks

Joel