[thelist] IIS sites export

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Thu Apr 3 11:47:03 CST 2003

At 08:24 AM 4/3/2003, Norman Beresford wrote:
>Hi all
>
>We've got a number (70 odd) of web sites sitting on a shared server.  We've
>just got a dedicated server to move them to, and I was hoping someone could
>suggest a good tool to export the sites from the shared server to the
>dedicated server.  Ideally it'll export stuff like directory
>permissions/frontpage extensions/etc.  Any suggestions?

If you have access to the OS, you can export the site information from the
Metabase and then import that into the new server. Also, I think there is a
copy utility with the Win2K resource kit that allows you to copy
directories that will include user permissions et.al. (this will require a
temp mapped drive between the two servers)

Sorry I can't be more specific.
--
Anthony Baratta
President