[thelist] Javascript book....

Jason Handby jasonh at pavilion.co.uk
Mon Jun 16 15:31:09 CDT 2003

> I would still opt for the JavaScript Bible 4th edition. Danny Goodman
> is the king IMHO. I learned everything I know from that book, and
> still refer to it almost daily. I wouldn't worry about JS2.0, I would
> worry about getting a good base in JS, and that's what this book will
> give you.

I agree with Tom's comments on JS2.0. I wouldn't worry too much about
learning it right now -- better to give yourself a good grounding in what's
currently out there.

My favourite Javascript book by a long way is "Javascript: The Definitive
Guide (4th edition)" by David Flanagan. It's a really great book, and I use
it all the time.

  http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0596000480

If you're new to programming then it might not be the right book for you.
But it suits me fine, because I don't like having to wade through
introductory stuff about what a variable is every time I get a new book :-)

Jason