[thelist] CSS caching

Paul Bennett paul at teltest.com
Mon Jun 16 16:40:12 CDT 2003

Raymond Camden wrote:

>Anyone seen an issue where the web server seems to cache CSS files? I'm
>working on a CFM that uses <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"
>href="/style.css">, and for some reason, the css file isn't being
>refreshed. I'm seeing this in both Mozilla and IE, so I'm assuming it's
>a web server issue.

1) The obvious but I will ask anyway - have you cleared the local
browser cache?
2) We had an issue where an ISP (perhaps the largest in New Zealand)
cached an old version of our site (not just for a day, but for an entire
week!). We had to actually email them and get them to put our site on a
special "non-cache" list. It may not be the webserver (I can't think of
any situation where a webserver would do this) but it *may* be an ISP issue?

--
	Paul Bennett
Email: paul at teltest.com
Phone: 64 4 237 4557