[thelist] Problem with the Unix 'du' command via perl script

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Mon Jun 16 17:55:31 CDT 2003

At 02:46 PM 6/16/2003, Tony Frasketi wrote:
>I'm having a problem with the results of the Unix 'du' command in that I
>get different results when I execute the 'du' command from the Unix
>command line...
>
>and when I execute the 'du' command from a Perl script using backtic
>statement.

Are you running your Perl script via the command line or via your web
service?? Many web servers run a nobody:nobody and with those different
permission you can get different results.

--
Anthony Baratta
President