[thelist] surreal mac/pc website cdrom question

Martin Kuplens-Ewart martin at takingitglobal.org
Tue Jun 17 07:33:06 CDT 2003

>For starters I'm not 100% sure on how to author a disc for
>both purposes (I'm sure I can find a solution) but what about
>the actual support for flash and video objects? Googling for a
>solution comes up with hundreds of answers for PC  - but zip
>for mac usage.

http://digitalmedia.jhu.edu/Assets/References/Cross%20Platform%20CDs.pdf
http://www.stc.org/46thConf/postconf/stc.pdf
http://www.setpixel.com/content/?ID=101

 - coupla steps to burning a cross-platform cd.
[google search strings: "authoring cross-platform cd","creating hybrid cd"]

Perhaps I was slightly off from what you were looking for [are you after a
quickie guide for it when authoring with a mac?]

http://www.google.com/search?q=creating+hybrid+cd+with+mac

Gave a few results that look quite promising.

As for file compatability, etc.... If you're authoring on a mac, as long as
you tack on the old .ext-ension for the silly windows machines out there,
they should be happy reading your .movs, .swfs, etc.

Hth,

-m