[thelist] feedback on design layout

Kelly Hallman khallman at wrack.org
Wed Jun 18 05:05:19 CDT 2003

On Wed, 18 Jun 2003, ted serbinski wrote:
> Basically, what are your thoughts? Colors good? Layout? Is something
> missing (this seems to be my train of thought but I can't figure out
> what)? Keep in mind, this is a small brochure site, with a focused
> audience of BMW owners.

The primary color scheme doesn't strike me as being very sophisticated,
though there is nothing inherently wrong with it.

I realize you may not have control over the photography, but that picture
doesn't really communicate the purpose of the site as well as it could.
Consider changing the picture to something a little more sexy.

You're onto something with the checkerboard pattern, but it is not carried
through anywhere else on the page.  I think adding another one or two
appropriate graphic elements could do wonders for the overall appearance.

The biggest shortcoming is that unless you are already familiar with the
company, their purpose doesn't jump out at you.  Maybe a BMW logo?

--
Kelly Hallman
http://wrack.org/