[thelist] Changing safaris default search engine

Ben Morrison ben.morrison at dogstardesign.co.uk
Wed Jun 18 11:18:53 CDT 2003

Well I stumbled across this ine and it seems to be working fine:

<tip type=²Changing safaris default search engine² author="benjer">
This url describes a way of changing Safari's default search engine:
 http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20030514035516436#comments
It worked for me using hexedit which I downloaded from versiontracker.com,
Its not perfect - I wanted to change it to google.co.uk which does in fact
work just that the results arent from uk only but its still useful to be
using the loacl google if you want to then filter the results.
</tip>

ben