[thelist] XHTML and language="javascript"

Mike Combs mike at combsnet.com
Wed Jun 18 13:49:02 CDT 2003

I've been coding pages as closely to XHTML Strict as possible, but holding
back in a few places.  I wondered if it's time to take the plunge to
complete compliance.

I've been declaring <script language="javascript" type="text/javascript"
src="myfile.js">.  I read somewhere that I should retain the language
attribute for compatibility with older browsers, but now I can't remember
just which browsers I'm protecting here.  Should I drop the language
attribute?  What browsers require the language attribute?

I'm on digest, so my reply to this thread will be a little slow, okay?

Thanks,
  ...mike