[thelist] Side-by-Side Divs

djinn at darkdesigns.org djinn at darkdesigns.org
Wed Jun 18 13:51:16 CDT 2003

I would like to create a bunch of divs that will go across the screen when
there is room, but go below each other when there isn't room, like text
flow. I don't want a horizontal scrollbar.

>From what I've read, it seems like I need to use Float: left for this to
happen, but I believe that using Float requires that you specify a width for
the div. Is this true? I'd rather not do that.

What is the best way to accomplish this? I googled, but couldn't find a good
tips page for this.

Thanks.
Jean Peterson