[thelist] Linking from client site

Jay Blanchard jay.blanchard at niicommunications.com
Thu Jun 19 12:04:02 CDT 2003

[snip]
As it happens, I was paid (almost) a decent fee for the site in dispute,
but I think it is right and proper that I should benefit from having a
link to my own site from the pages I designed.
[/snip]

Ask yourself, on a television commercial do you see producer's credits?
If the client paid for the site it is their right to do with it as they
wish. If you wish to have their site in your portfolio that is OK. If
they wish that you have no link from their site to yours THAT is right
and proper.

HTH!

Jay