[thelist] Linking from client site

Richard Bennett richard.bennett at skynet.be
Thu Jun 19 13:39:01 CDT 2003

Hi,
----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Brody" <chris at cbrody.com>
> Has anyone else had problems getting clients' agreement to link to their
own
> site? Is it worth the potential loss of mutual goodwill to argue my case?
> Personally I can't see what their problem is; for them it's a matter of
> setting a precedent as regards external contractors, it seems.

If you bought a car, and asked the garage not to put their advertising
sticker on the back, you wouldn't expect them to make a fuss over that would
you?

If they did make a big fuss, and put the stickers on anyway, would you go
back there, or recommend them to anyone else?

I think you'll get more work through word of mouth, than through links from
a client-site, if they are happy about your work and attitude.

Richard.