[thelist] Site Copycat (Special Circumstances Involved)

David Bindel dbindel at austin.rr.com
Sat Jun 21 11:09:49 CDT 2003

Yes, we all borrow from each other by example, but I don't think most of
us would go so far as to blatantly reuse each other's HTML, CSS, and
copy!  Especially not if you're copying from someone who you know,
someone who has explicitly asked *you* NOT to copy.  The structure of
"his" HTML is left intact from my site.  His CSS is the same: same
selector IDs, same class names, same properties, and mostly equal
property values.

Like I said, I don't really mind him using my layout so long as he
changes the pages to make them not look like mine.  I have learned a lot
from Glish.com's CSS Layouts (http://www.glish.com/css), but I haven't
ever used his source in a production site.  Now I write from scratch and
make my own good layouts - because I have learned how to do it myself.

Regards,
David

--
    David I. Bindel