[thelist] [Site Review] Gemsnjewelry.com

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 23 09:42:53 CDT 2003

--- Jeff Howden <jeff at jeffhowden.com> wrote:
> old habits die hard.

LOL..yes they do...

> yeah, but i'm not using scripting at all here.

Hmm. I've not used CSS rollovers with images, not sure how to tackle
that or if its possible without somehow preloading the images.

> i will admit that he messes with the photos a bit too much in
> photoshop for my taste though.

90% of the problem with home photo shots - not enough light. Tell him
to invest in one of those painter's (as in house painting) lights
that are really bright, a big white foam board, and a tripod. That's
all you really need for good pics assuming he even has a halfway
decent camera.

> got ideas on fixing those two problems?

That's good work for 8 hours. The box still is breaking for me and
looking at it - it seems that the middle gold bar prevents the right
side of your box from scaling down. I believe it has a fixed width.

One thing I thought of last night that might help - there are a few
tutorials on CSS rounded corner boxes out there (a google search
should bring them up). You might want to see if you could use similar
techniques to get the result you want. Some of them are done by some
real sharp CSS folks.

Also, have you posted this to css-d? <http://www.css-discuss.org/>
Eric Meyer's CSS list where all the hard core CSS folks hang out, got
lots of help there myself.

If it were me, I would take all the elements for the "rounded border"
and put it in a new page, with just one paragraph inside of greeked
text. I would get the box to work there, then add elements one at a
time until it all works.

Tom

=====
http://www.pixelmech.com/ :: Web Development Services
http://www.DMXzone.com/ :: Premium Content Author / JavaScript / Every Friday!
http://www.maccaws.com/ :: Group Leader

"That's not art, that's just annoying." -- Squidward