[thelist] PHP Email Lists

John Handelaar john at gn.apc.org
Mon Jun 23 10:56:08 CDT 2003

Yes.

> how is this accomplished without the user clicking the
> unsubscribe link?

Mailman does it - it's set up so that all mail to
a list address is fed to the relevant Python script
with an alias and a pipe in the /etc/aliases file
(or equivalent - actually we use qmail and not
Sendmail these days).

*Way* more annoying if you're in a hosted environment,
I'd imagine, though you could always do it the way
that some other list managers allow (Mercury/32 on
Windows springs to mind) and have a script cycle
through the contents of a dedicated POP mailbox
elsewhere, looking for bounces.

John Handelaar

T +44 20 7609 2214       M +44 7930 681789
F +44 870 169 7657   E john at userfrenzy.com