[thelist] Re: ADSL Connection Problem

BreezyGraphics at aol.com BreezyGraphics at aol.com
Mon Jun 23 14:57:54 CDT 2003

In a message dated 6/23/03 1:41:22 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Lucy writes:

> When I try to dial up to the connections it fails to open the port.  I get
> message "Error 638: The request has timed out.".  On clicking "More Info" it
> says "An internal error occurred. Restart your computer to make sure that
> all recent configuration changes have taken effect." (Obviously I've tried
> re-starting several times!)

Have you done a System Resore lately. My other computer is doing the same
thing right now. After a WEEK of searching I finally found my problem. I did a
System Restore to a date earlier than my Microsoft SP1 (Service Pack 1) update.
That messes everything up, procedure call, telephony, remote access connection
manager and remote access auto connection manager. In Internet Explorer if
you click in the menu on Tools/Internet Options/Connections is there anything
showing up in your Dial-Up Settings? Not mine! If not look here Microsoft
Article Q329441
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=329441
It says XP but may still be your problem. Good Luck, Breezy.