[thelist] technical specs from clients

the head lemur headlemur at clearskymail.com
Tue Jun 24 09:41:30 CDT 2003

> We're in the process of rewriting the technical specs that we
> request from clients when starting a project, and I was curious,
> what do y'all ask the client for? We've got all the obvious ones:
> browsers, OS, Connection Speed, Plug-ins etc, but what are the
> issues that are often overlooked and can come back to bite you
> later?

Copyright releases in the case of using images/logos from
partners/productlines.

Disclaimers for accuracy with contact information for updated info.
(trust me. your clients will get ideas and tell you last)

Disclaimers of agency.
(Wrecking Yards use this a lot. They sell auto parts but are not authorized
distributors)

Photo releases for staff in cases where staff is featured.

Form detail order for sales staff.
Information needed, order of information, distribution lists.

the head lemur
News: http://www.lemurzone.com/news/
Interviews: http://www.lemurzone.com/pixelview/
Standards: http://webstandards.org