[thelist] any word on IE7?

Adrian Simmons adrinux at ntlworld.com
Wed Jun 25 04:36:35 CDT 2003

Ah, but my conspiracy theories are so much more fun...

Julian Voelcker wrote:
> I think that MS are slowly waking up to the Standards Compliance side
> of things.
Given that they've been involved (as a member of the w3c) in actually
drawing up half of them up I'd say they 'woke up' to standards several
years ago.
Are they about to 'wake up' to implementing support in their
applications? I doubt it.
Microsoft doesn't like open standards, it likes standards it controls.

If think its far more likely that we'll see more 'advanced' features
that require proprietary IE extentsions, such as are currently required
to get advanced PNG transparency. Why else do they need to release IE
versions tied to the OS?

They'll either embrace and extend web standards with proprietary
features, or they'll fail to provide any advanced presentation
technologies and cede that part of the market to Flash - then buy
Macromedia.

Bah humbug!

Adrian

ps sorry for being such a cynic