[thelist] SELECT form larger than what's on display.

James Aylard evolt at pixelwright.com
Wed Jun 25 19:24:01 CDT 2003

Damien COLA wrote:

> Cheers, I have looked on internet but it doesn't seem to be anywhere,
> looks like nobody ever wanted to have that kind of behavior for a
> dropdown select.

    It's a common behavior in a Windows combo box. I used a Microsoft Office
control in an Intranet web application that I wrote which allowed me
multiple columns and a select list that is wider than the input box itself.
However, this approach would obviously have serious drawbacks on the
Internet.
    The only "open" approach that I can think of is to create a DHTML
drop-down menu, but this could easily become a complicated solution.

James Aylard