[thelist] Oracle - Error on Insert But Not update? wah?

Plunkett, Matt MPlunkett at MSA.com
Thu Jun 26 09:01:50 CDT 2003

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark M
Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2003 8:48 PM
To: thelist @ lists . evolt . org
Subject: [thelist] Oracle - Error on Insert But Not update? wah?

> I have 2 stored procs for dealing with a table, one to insert data, and
one
> to update the data.  The procs are called from ColdFusion MX.

You have a function and a procedure.  I've never called a function from
ColdFusion. I would definitely try converting it to a procedure and see if
that helps.  Also, you may want to consider declaring your variables based
on the columns they represent like so:

FUNCTION insertData (
		  t_lnkrequestid IN TBL_REQ_DATA.lnkrequestid%TYPE,

		  t_lnkelementid IN TBL_REQ_DATA.lnkelementid%TYPE,

	                  t_value IN TBL_REQ_DATA.data_value%TYPE,

		  t_ischanged IN TBL_REQ_DATA.data_ischanged%TYPE,

		  t_versionnumber IN TBL_REQ_DATA.data_versionnumber%TYPE

	               ) RETURN NUMBER

Is your problem only when you call it through ColdFusion?  Can you run the
function with the problem data from Oracle?

Matt